So I didn’t plan to write this post on the blog. I saw an Instagram picture of egg-shaped doughnuts one day and thought I had a genius idea. Make a mini version of brioche doughnuts and then place them in an egg carton. Doesn’t that sound like a great idea?
I actually am well-prepared for this Mother’s Day, but then I thought my genius idea could possibly be an even better gift (I will still give you the other gift, don’t worry mom).
It’s actually very easy and fast to make this happen. All you need is a clean egg carton, some time in the kitchen and some patient to fry those mini babies. I used Cloudy Kitchen’s roasted rhubarb brioche doughnuts recipe as my base recipe for brioche doughnuts. I shaped them smaller, like the size of an egg (duh). Then I just whipped some greek yogurt with honey for the filling. Of course, you could make your own filling, but we’re talking about last-minute-super-urgent-mother’s-day-gift-idea. Who has time to make custard or jam?
Then all you need to do is carefully transfer these mini doughnuts to the egg carton. Make a#worldsbestmom tag or write a card or buy some flowers. It’s up to you to do the rest, my friend. Make you mom’s day by making this Mini Brioche Doughnuts In An Egg Carton Gift Box because she deserves it. Happy Mother’s Day to all the hardworking mamas in the world!
MINI BRIOCHE DOUGHNUTS IN AN EGG CARTON Gift Box
1. Clean an empty egg carton.
2. Follow this roasted rhubarb brioche doughnuts recipe from Cloudy Kitchen to make the doughnuts. Remember to shape the dough smaller, like a size of an egg.
3. If you have time, follow the recipe to make the filling. I don’t, so I just whipped some plain Greek yogurt with honey and filled the doughnuts.
4. After you assemble the doughnuts, carefully place them into the clean egg carton. Put parchment paper under the doughnuts if you desire.
5. Decorate your carton of doughnuts with flowers or handmade #worldsbestmom tag or anything you want.
1. It truly can be the last minute Mother’s Day gift because everyone knows freshly made doughnuts taste the best. You could even make this on Sunday morning, if you procrastinated AF.
2. Take your mom out for a picnic if the weather is good! These are the perfect picnic treats and I am sure every mom in the park will be secretly jealous. You’re welcome.