If you followed me on Instagram (you should), you’ll notice my contents are not 100% filled with sweets. I actually eat pretty clean (Surprise!). My body cannot afford to eat cookies, cakes and ice-cream all day (although that’ll be ideal). So, whenever I bake the Best Earl Grey Tea Shortbread, they’re usually gifts for family and friends. However, I’ll keep all the 10+5 almond crisps to myself. They’re too precious to give away.
It is a very versatile recipe, as you can change the flavor easily. I have made lemon, orange, ginger and basil flavors in the past, but I imagine lime, lavender, pink peppercorn or mint will also be great. All you need to do is chopping the herbs, grinding the spices or zesting the citrus fruits. Add them with everything else. Done.
Make my 10+5 Almond Crisp, if you like:
Easy to make,
Just the perfect healthier snack.
Friends, give this recipe a try. You won’t regret. I promise. Because I CANNOT STOP EATING THEM. Get creative with the flavor! Let me know in the comments below and tag a photo #herbakinglab on Instagram. I would love to try your version!
Oil-Free 10+5 Almond Crisp
Yield: About 20 crisps, depending your desired size;
Recipe loosely adapted from 小嶋 ルミ
1. 15g (2 tbsp) flour, any kind will work
2. 50g (4 tbsp) granulated sugar
3. 60g (1⁄2 cup+2 tbsp) slivered almonds
4. 40g (about 1 extra-big egg’s) egg white
5. Lemon zest, orange zest, chopped herbs, ground spice, etc. Any desired flavor. I used lemon in this recipe.
1. Preheat your oven to 340 °F (170 °C).
2. In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients (including your flavor ingredient). Add egg white into the bowl and whisk until smooth.
3. Spoon out 1 tbs of mixture on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Using the back of spoon to make sure the crisp is getting as flat as possible. This is a crucial step to ensure your crisp will be even and crispy. Leave room between each crisp.
4. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the crisp is golden yellow. Cool down to room temperature and store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Observations & Tips:
1. If your leftover egg white is a little more or less than the recipe amount, don’t worry about it. Just use whatever is left. The goal is to use up your leftover, not crack another egg.
2. This almond crisp is lightly sweet. If you are used to sweeter treats, add 1-2 tbsp more sugar.
3. The crisp tastes best when fresh! It will get soggy if not stored in an airtight container. But don’t worry, it won’t last that long (at least if I’m around haha).
10+5 Almond Crisp – with many flavor options & oil-free! | HerBakingLab